Mutli Scale Block Inserts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sundance49
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - November 07 2005 :  2:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit sundance49's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was reading some of the FAQs and saw one pertaining to inserting blocks. We have one particular client who doesn’t use Paper space at all. To compound this they can have Imperial and Metric drawings in the same project and the various scales associated with each. So inserting a block can be a Royal Pain and it can take quite some time.

I have created a Layout called D-PLOT which when it is run will create a 1:1 view of drawings in Model space. It doesn’t matter what units (Imperial or Metric) the client uses. All their drawings use a D size border (914x609) or (36”x24”). When a block is inserted into a drawing in Paper space at 0,0 and you use the Layout Tools/Change Space it “pushes” the block thru from Paperspace to Modelspace. As it does so it scales the block so that when the operation is done it looks exactly as it did with the block in paper space.

I have written a Script which does that for me. I have included both scripts

1) This script creates the D-PLOT Layout

2) This script “pushes” the block thru to model space

A script to insert a block is easy. The only problem is with placement. With most companies border sheet they will have a space set aside for stamps (electronic or manual). With this particular company the stamp gets dropped into the drawing itself and because of this must be moved to some more convenient spot drawing by drawing.

I find it useful to have the D-PLOT for plotting, for inserting Clouds, or Electronic stamps. At the end of the project I can delete it and the client is happy. Of course you have to be sure that everything which was dropped into the drawing in Paperspace goes thru to Modelspace before you delete it and I have a Script for that as well.
I hope I have included everything in the attached ZIP file. If not let me know and I will send it on.

Download Attachment: D-PLOT.zip
5.94 KB
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000