Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AutoCAD
 Lisp & Other Handy Files
 Edit Text Faster (DDATTE & DDEDIT replacement)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BK
Super User

36 Posts

Posted - March 29 2003 :  09:51:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit BK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This routine from Gary Goode was called "Multi-Edit", and allows you to select multiple text or block objects one at a time, in a particular order and edit the text in them. You can select text and blocks together, and each time you edit the text and press "OK", the next selected text item appears.

No more need for typing the typical DDEDIT or DDATTE, then SELECT, EDIT, DDEDIT, SELECT, EDIT, over and over again to edit multiple text/blocks with attributes.

Just type DD, select each of the text entities (and/or blocks with attributes) you wish to manually edit, then continue, and each entities edit box will appear in the order you selected them. Makes for VERY FAST manual text changes.

I have changed the name of the lisp to DD rather than ME, and changed the defun to DD as well (it's just faster to type DD than ME!!)

You can autoload this routine by putting it in your /SUPPORT/ directory, and editing your ACADnnnn.LSP (where nnnn is your AutoCAD version number, this file should also exist in your support directory) and include the line:

(LOAD "DD.LSP")
Restart AutoCAD, and you are ready!

This is about the most handy/simple/timesaving manual text editing routine I have found, and recommend it to everyone. You'll NEVER need to use DDATTE or DDEDIT ever again!

Download Attachment: dd.zip
1.12 KB

Bill
http://www.74mph.com
Hurricane for AutoCAD
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000