Posted - May 15 2013 : 8:34:54 PM
| There have been a couple of reports of USB Flash drive Licenses presenting a "Licensing Error - Aborting" message after a PC is upgraded to Windows 7. There is no explainable reason why some PC's behave this way, and others do not.
Here are a list of things to try:
- After you get the message Firstly, ensure that Hurricane isn't running, by going to your task manager and kill Hurricane completely (in case it's stuck in RAM).
- Download a fresh copy from http://www.74mph.com/hurricane.zip (updated Jan 10, 2014) and install it onto the flash drive into a NEW directory (don't delete or uninstall the old installation. Once installed, try running the new one instead (you can put it in /Hurricane2/ or whatever other directory name you wish)
- Ensure that any Virus Scanning software isn't blocking read/write access to any of the sub-directories under /Hurricane/
- Please download the latest installer of Hurricane (as of Jan 10, 2014) and install Hurricane to your LOCAL DRIVE (just once). Then you can uninstall Hurricane from the local drive, and attempt to run it from the Flash drive once more.
[/]Please confirm you have the VB 6 Runtimes installed... http://support.microsoft.com/vbruntime
- Ensure that IT has not "locked down" your PC, or restricted any read/writes to the system registry.
- In all cases above, once Hurricane is running, simply put the KEY file into the /KEYS/ directory, and restart Hurricane. Don't forget to go to the "Help->Serial Number" menu and select the Licensing Type to "USB".
In all cases, at least one of the above has solved the issue. If your issue persists, please contact email@example.com for further instructions.
Hurricane for AutoCAD