Other Cool Software
 XLR8CAD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon R Halmshaw

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - February 28 2003 :  03:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simon R Halmshaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An update to the topic below.
XLR8CAD has been updated significantly since I originally posted the topic below, many of the piping routines has been updated and new improved routines added to make life much easier.
For users who have not taken a look at this package I would recommend visiting this website, for users already looking for a program like this for piping design or steel structure design I could not recommend a more value for money program and if you already own it go ahead and download the latest version some nice stuff added

This is a neat AutoCAD utility for speeding up work on piping drawings, PID drawings, Electrical cable routing drawings.
The program offers the user 2D or 3D options for most of the pipe fittings and has a very simple menu system making it very easy to master or at least tame. The program is being constantly updated and users can E mail the program writers for custom add-ons.
This is not a freeware program, but you do get a 30 day trial use, I find it extremly useful in my line of work and use the program almost daily.
Check it out http://www.xlr8-cad.com
Sorry Bill, I tend to use this one more than Hurricane, but then I do not use CAD scripts too much.

Admin
Administrator

651 Posts

Posted - February 28 2003 :  4:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, don't be sorry! Each tool has it's purpose! And this one looks great for 3d piping.

(Being a Fluid Power guy myself I think I might need to look into that. It looks like an excellent tool.)

Regards,
Bill
Go to Top of Page

PipeDesign
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - August 24 2006 :  11:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit PipeDesign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all!

I am also in the same predictiment with respect to the above referenced program. I installed the trial version and went through the learning curve quickly. I went to purchase the add on and was surprised to see the website no longer in exsitance. I understand that the creator recently passed on and am under the impression that sucessor is not going to continmue the support.

All I need is to purchase this program, utilize it or obtain a licence. Can anybody provide some guidance on continueing the use of this program or suggest one that is equal to this one!!!

Please Help!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Simon R Halmshaw

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - September 03 2006 :  10:00:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon R Halmshaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry all, XLR8CAD is no longer available.
I am told that the creator/designer of XLR8CAD passed away suddenly late 2005 and it seems his wife is unwilling as yet to sell the writes to the program to some close friends of his.
I would like to thank Steve for his work and his friendship, for the 4 years that I used this program his work to improve and increase the program capabilites was amazing.
He will be missed by many, not forgotten by most.

Thank you Steve for your work.
Go to Top of Page

dflores00
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - September 26 2006 :  1:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit dflores00's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I purchased xlr8cad about 2 years ago. I was not aware that Steve had passed away. He provided me with great technical support. I tried numerous times to send email messages to see how he was doing. He once replied to me while he was away on a skiing trip. I would have liked to have met him in person. He will be sadly missed.

dflores00
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000