The Hurricane Forum
The Hurricane Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hurricane for AutoCAD
 Announcements
 NEW - DWGGateway Compatibility

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Admin Posted - April 25 2005 : 8:32:58 PM
Hello!

In case you haven't heard, there is a Free Utility that is causing a few eyebrows to be raised in the AutoCAD community. It is called DWGGateway (http://www.dwggateway.com)

With this utility, you have the ability to open AutoCAD files that were created in a NEWER version of AutoCAD than the version you have installed. (Basically, you don't have to have the latest version installed, to open the latest version DWG files). (Who hates those, "Unknown DWG format", or similar messages!?)
<i>(This can come in handy if you've been given files from another source that is using a version of AutoCAD that is newer than yours, which in my world, happens all the time!).</i>

In the latest release, they have enabled the ability to <u>script the OPEN command</u>. Which means, it is now "Hurricanable" (if I can make up such a word!)

I've made a small change to Hurricane, with an option to "Use DWGGateway" to OPEN your files (In the Hurricane-Tools->Options->Prefs Tab)

<i>Please note, you MUST put "FILEDIA 0" in the Prebatch box (Hurricane -> Settings Tab)</i>

If you have any comments, or are having trouble, please write back here on this subject!

This is a beta of this compatibility feature in Hurricane, so any comments or suggestions are appreciated!

Regards,
Bill

<b>Download Attachment:</b> hurricane-6.5.4.zip<br />181.29 KB
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Admin Posted - January 23 2006 : 09:42:50 AM
Just wanted to correct my last post...

The FILEDIA commands must be put in the SETTINGS tab in Hurricane.
In the "Prebatch" field, add "FILEDIA 0"
in the "Postbatch" field add "FILEDIA 1"

This will prevent the fileselector from appearing.

Sorry for any confusion!
Regards,
Bill
Admin Posted - October 31 2005 : 09:15:57 AM
Hello,

Looks like DWGGATEWAY has their problem with the fileselector FIXED.

Just set FILEDIA 0 at the beginning of your script and set it back to FILEDIA 1 at the end, and you can convert drawings you couldn't normally open.

i.e. You have AutoCAD 2000, and someone sends you a whole bunch of file from AutoCAD 2004. Normally, you would have to write them to have them convert them for you.

Now, using Hurricane, with DWGGATEWAY http://www.dwggateway.com/ you can batch convert the drawings back down to the current version of AutoCAD that you have.

Create a simple script like this...

;begin
FILEDIA 0
ZOOM E
FILEDIA 1
;end

In Hurricane Set Tools->Options->Prefs->"Use DWGGATEWAY".

(optional) In Hurricane goto the SAVEAS tab:
Select the version you wish to SaveAS (it must be equal to or LESS than your current version)
Set a new "Suffix" like "-R2000", and make sure you have set Output to "Same Location" (or choose other).
This will simply make sure that a backup is made, and the original is untouched.

The only drawback it seems, is that DWGGATEWAY pops-up an "ok" box for each drawing...
I guess we will have to hit ENTER on every drawing... no big deal, I suppose...

Hope this helps!
Bill
Admin Posted - April 30 2005 : 4:33:14 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention... there is another change in this update I didn't mention...

I've changed the "ABORT" checkbox to "TEST RUN"... just in case anyone is wondering where the META Command for "Abort" went.

The replacement META commands are

;TESTRUN=FALSE
;TESTRUN=TRUE

Hopefully in the next release of DWGGateway, they will have fixed the problem with the dialog box, and this version of Hurricane already has the necessary changes to run with it.

Regards,
Bill
huylersm Posted - April 26 2005 : 08:17:16 AM
Bill -
This is a product from Solidworks if you didn't know. And for those of us that use Solidworks & Autocad, the new 2005 version of Solidworks has an Autocad drawing editor. Looks & feels almost identical to Autocad. Even has the command prompt, and the dialogue boxes are almost identical.

Shawn
Admin Posted - April 26 2005 : 07:59:54 AM
(Unfortunately, I was only able to test it previously opening files made with the current version of AutoCAD. This works fine, as DWGGateway doesn't throw any prompts up)

Upon further testing... it seems that DWGGateway throws up a dialog box every time you attempt to open a file that was created with a NEWER than current version of AutoCAD.
Why they would do this, is beyond me! Probably just an oversight.

The prompt says something like "DGConv - The file being opened is a copy in AutoCAD [ver/ver] and is saved at c: emp[filename].dwg", which stalls the script.

Sorry to get your hopes up!

I will get in touch with them, and try to get this fixed.

If you can, please write them!

http://www.dwggateway.com/pages/contactus/index.html

Regards,
Bill

The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000