The Hurricane Forum
The Hurricane Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hurricane for AutoCAD
 General Discussion
 USB Installation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ryoerger Posted - February 26 2015 : 2:32:23 PM
Is my understanding correct that I can purchase a license for a USB installation, so that the program goes anywhere I go, no matter what computer I'm running AutoCAD on. I assume this works as long as the two files inside "Hurricane-Dep.zip" are placed in the System32 or the WoW64 directories? I assume the KEY would be associated with the "Username" or "PC name" of the USB thumb drive. Is this correct?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Admin Posted - February 26 2015 : 3:23:39 PM
Hi Rick,

The best way to test things out, is to test things out!

You can install Hurricane on a USB Thumb drive and attempt to run it. If there are any "lock-down" issues, they will become apparent quite quickly. I can then help you through any issues you may have.

Regards,
Bill
ryoerger Posted - February 26 2015 : 3:17:28 PM
In addition, the only other concern I have is the fact that our computers are significantly "locked-down-tight". I have read the "Hurricane Dependency Files" thread and I'm concerned about the ability to change any virus software settings because that is locked too. We use Microsoft Security Essentials - System Center Endpoint Protection. The more I think about this, the more I think I should talk to the IT department up-front. Thanks for your prompt response!
Admin Posted - February 26 2015 : 2:38:01 PM
Hi Rick,

Yes, correct!

The USB license is tied to the USB thumb drive itself (NOT the username, and NOT the PC name). It is intended to be able to be moved from any PC to any other PC easily, by plug-and play.

I hope that helps!

The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000