Need help writing a script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmoore284
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - August 16 2006 :  08:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit jmoore284's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am needing some assistance on writing a script that will grab a block from a location on a network and insert it into a batch of drawings at a designated location. The block I am dealing with right now is a void stamp/block that I need to be placed into all drawings in a set. The way I have been doing it so far is to insert it into the first and copy at base point 0,0 and then paste it at those coordinates throughout the set manually. I then have a script that opens all of the drawings and zooms into the stamp so that any time someone would happen to open the drawings the first thing they would see is that it has been voided out.

I would appreciate any assistance with the script.

Miksteele
Hurricane-Extreme User

USA
216 Posts

Posted - August 16 2006 :  09:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Miksteele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Below is a script I use to insert a simple block uniformly to a set of drawings. Hopefully this helps.

The easiest way for me to create a new type of script is to first do it manually on the command line and then use Hurricane's capture feature. Once I have a base script for something I usually just doctor it up as needed for other uses.

;;INSERT check print block
-INSERT
"P:AUTOCADBLOCKSCHECK-PRINT-BLOCK.dwg"

Mike Fischer
Fischer Design Group, LLC
Building Model Coordination - Steel Detailing - Connection Design
www.FischerDesignGroup.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: