The Hurricane Forum
The Hurricane Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 AutoCAD
 Lisp & Other Handy Files
 text file into a text attribute

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anto1 Posted - October 25 2005 : 05:03:48 AM
Hello there, do you know a script to import text files (txt, xls) into a attribute text values?
thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anto1 Posted - November 07 2005 : 11:00:14 AM
Hi, Miksteele,
the Data type for this drawings is a Excel file, Thanks for the tip with Tags, Im going to try that way
Miksteele Posted - November 05 2005 : 12:55:38 PM
Hi anto1,

I'm curious... what type of information are you are trying to pull into your attributes?

Bill is right... there is no straight forward approach, BUT I have successful done just this using combinations of TAGS, PROJECT TAGS, and TAG TEMPLATE loading. I better mention METAS also, as they are probably in every script I have. They smooth out the basic stuff. You kind of need to think things through in the beginning, but once you're scripted...
anto1 Posted - October 26 2005 : 03:57:50 AM
Sorry, Bill (my finger was not fast enough to write "B" in my last reply)
anto1 Posted - October 26 2005 : 03:55:49 AM
Hi bill,
thanks for this Info.
Admin Posted - October 25 2005 : 5:02:39 PM
Hi anto1,

There isn't a script to do that, as normal scripts are totally dumb, i.e. AutoCAD simply follows EXACTLY what is in the script. (Hurricane scripts can contain tags, so are "semi-dumb" or "semi-smart" (depends how you look at it).

Currently, there isn't a scripting utility out there that can look at a text file and co-relate information in it, to insert into a defined block with many attributes. There are just too many issues to make it straight forward.

As a matter of fact, complete packages are written to do just that function, with many features that are beyond the scope of scripting.

Please do a google search for "autocad and excel and attribute", and you will find a number of them, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

I hope this helps!
Bill

The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000