AutoCAD
 Lisp & Other Handy Files
 text file into a text attribute
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anto1

11 Posts

Posted - October 25 2005 :  05:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit anto1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there, do you know a script to import text files (txt, xls) into a attribute text values?
thanks

Admin
Administrator

651 Posts

Posted - October 25 2005 :  5:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi anto1,

There isn't a script to do that, as normal scripts are totally dumb, i.e. AutoCAD simply follows EXACTLY what is in the script. (Hurricane scripts can contain tags, so are "semi-dumb" or "semi-smart" (depends how you look at it).

Currently, there isn't a scripting utility out there that can look at a text file and co-relate information in it, to insert into a defined block with many attributes. There are just too many issues to make it straight forward.

As a matter of fact, complete packages are written to do just that function, with many features that are beyond the scope of scripting.

Please do a google search for "autocad and excel and attribute", and you will find a number of them, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

I hope this helps!
Bill

Hurricane for AutoCAD
http://www.74mph.com
FAQ at
http://www.74mph.com/faq/faq.html
Tutorials at
http://www.74mph.com/tutorials.html
Go to Top of Page

anto1

11 Posts

Posted - October 26 2005 :  03:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit anto1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi bill,
thanks for this Info.
Go to Top of Page

anto1

11 Posts

Posted - October 26 2005 :  03:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit anto1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Bill (my finger was not fast enough to write "B" in my last reply)
Go to Top of Page

Miksteele
Hurricane-Extreme User

USA
216 Posts

Posted - November 05 2005 :  12:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Miksteele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi anto1,

I'm curious... what type of information are you are trying to pull into your attributes?

Bill is right... there is no straight forward approach, BUT I have successful done just this using combinations of TAGS, PROJECT TAGS, and TAG TEMPLATE loading. I better mention METAS also, as they are probably in every script I have. They smooth out the basic stuff. You kind of need to think things through in the beginning, but once you're scripted...

Mike Fischer
Fischer Design Group, LLC
Building Model Coordination - Steel Detailing - Connection Design
www.FischerDesignGroup.com
Go to Top of Page

anto1

11 Posts

Posted - November 07 2005 :  11:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit anto1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Miksteele,
the Data type for this drawings is a Excel file, Thanks for the tip with Tags, Im going to try that way
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000